fredag, april 17, 2009

I'm sorry!

The last two months I haven't been able to keep you guys up to date. I really hoped to be able to write more from my stay, but I've had lack of inspiration. Unti I now read my fellow GoCY'ers blogs. I really admire them. To update with new articles as often as they do is a big job. And I send them my thanks. Their commitment is an inspiration to all.
I could probably write much more about my experiences. But honestly I've had some tough times. No work to do, lack of social activity, and staying to much in my building (because I work and live in the same one) led to a prison-like feeling. And some of these things took me by surprise. During the fall I had more then enough work and much more social activity (as you can see on my blog). But sometimes these tings happens. Different things in life will affect your everyday life, and for me it has been a valuable experience. I've always had people around me that I could turn to in case of difficult times. I do have those here as well, but everything is affected of different culture and settings. And so this year have given me new challenges and some of them I've handled okay, but some of them I can probably do better in the future. All in all I have learned and gained more knowledge and experince that will be usefull in the future.

I can just shortly give you guys a hint of what I've been doing the last two months.
I have been working some, mostly within the computer centre they have at the YMCA. I've also done some administrative tasks and giving some feedback. In my social life I've found some new friends in church. Every sunday we've been gathering and just talking. It has been really some good times, and I will miss them.
During the easter holiday my whole family came down and we had a great time! Experiencing some of the nicest places in and around Durban. We went on safari in Hluhluwe and saw lots of elephants, we went to some really nice restaurants, saw dolphins and sharks at Ushaka, enjoyed the beach, and much more. I really got to enjoy what South Africa had to offer with them, and I thank them for it.

Now it is 10 days left of my stay here in South Africa and I can only thank God for giving me the opportunity to see and experience this country, and to gain the knowledge and experience through my work here. He has truely blessed me during my stay.

Hope all of you are well and God bless you all until next time.

Vidar

Ingen kommentarer: