fredag, november 28, 2008

A simpler time!

Last weekend I didn't experince much, but I do have some experiences that I've gained through weekdays that I haven't told you about and one of them is about the simple life of South Africa.
One day the electricity disappeared and all I was stuck with was a candle. And apparently it will be more often because they have to save their energy.
The other simple thing is eating. I've found myself eating nothing but bread, and drinking water, several times troughout the 3 months I've been here. Also we have been eating just meat. We pay a prize for an amount of meat, they grill it, then we eat it while we are dipping it in salt. It couldn't have been done easier. But that's a part of the South African life, and I'm about to get used to it!

Ingen kommentarer: